What is NAFTO?
The National Association of Field Training Officers (N.A.F.T.O.) is a non-profit educational and professional association concerned with apprenticeship training (commonly referred to as the Field Training Officer concept) for Law Enforcement, Communications, and Corrections personnel. Educators, Administrators and other Criminal Justice practitioners are also encouraged to participate.
- To promote and foster mutual cooperation between Field Training Officers, other members of their agencies, private industry and the public.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and techniques.
- To conduct training seminars and conferences in FTO Program related issues.
- To research educational methodology so that improvements may be made in the areas of teaching and learning.
- To educate the membership and the public regarding apprenticeship training.
- To keep the membership, agencies and the public informed of legislative and statutory changes and their influence on field training.
Please see the JOIN NAFTO page for information regarding agency membership.