Master FTO Program Selection Procedure & Guidelines for the National Association of Field Training Officers.
1. Maintain an active membership in NAFTO.
2. A minimum of two (2) years experience as a Field Training Officer
3. A minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in Law Enforcement, Corrections or Public Safety Communications.
4. Completion of the following educational programs;
- A NAFTO approved Basic Field Training Officer Program
- Officer Safety Training Programs or Emergency Communications Courses – 16 hours
- Ethics Training Programs – 16 hours
- Leadership Training Programs – 16 hours
5. A letter of recommendation from both the FTO Program Coordinator and the Chief / Sheriff
6. The applicant will submit the following information to the NAFTO President at the designated address;
- Applicants resume
- Signed Letter of Recommendation from both the FTO Coordinator and Chief / Sheriff
- A copy of the following certificates of completion: (Please do not include any other certificates);
- NAFTO Basic Field Training Officer Program
- Officer Safety Training / Emergency Communications (16 hours)
- Ethics Training (16 hours)
- Leadership Training (16 hours)
7. The above information must be received no later than 60 days prior to the NAFTO annual conference
Submit Electronically to:
Executive Director Dan Greene